Do You See Me? - Chapter One

DRAMA

"No, I don't need you to carry my books!"

I was holding a precarious stack of eight books, and my best friend, Liam, was trying to carry them for me.

"You already dropped one!"

"And then picked it back up!" I retorted.

I'm not mad at Liam. But, honestly, I don't need people fussing over me at every second. 

It's been this way for a long time...

==========♥️=========

When I was 4 years old, I climbed up the highest ladder at the playground, determined to go down the ‘big kid’s slide’. I looked down, then waved to my worried Mother. 

Then fell. 

I remember it all very well. I have an excellent memory. 

I remember the doctor’s worried whispers. 

And Mother’s whispered prayers. 

I recovered, but to this day, I have tendencies to faint. They’re inconsistent; the doctors aren’t sure what cause this, but nothing dangerous has happened yet.


==========♥️==========

And so now I’m known as the Problem Kid. The Special Kid. 

Nobody says that to my face, but I know what they’re thinking. 

It’s spelled out clearly on their concerned faces. 

It’s like I can’t do anything for myself without people asking if I need help, if I’m okay. 
Sometimes I wish they’d just quit noticing me so much. 

I’m fine. Just fine.

Comments