Do You See Me? - Chapter Three
NOTICEABLE
I was invisible.
Not really.
I was still there, but nobody saw me. Or at least nobody acted like they did. Nobody cared.
Nobody cared that I was there.
Maybe I should have been happy. This was what I’d always wanted.
But now that I had it, I wasn’t so sure. Like, when I dropped my pencil during the math quiz, nobody picked it up. Nobody even looked my way. When two 6th graders bumped my books onto the floor, nobody helped me balance them again.
When I tried to get a book off the top shelf in the media room, the librarian didn’t help or offer to help. And she was 2 feet away from me! Nobody cared. Not even the teachers. But, no! I was desperate.
Liam.
Liam would help! Liam would see me!
==========♥️==========
He didn’t.
My heart... I don’t even know how to describe the feeling when he didn’t sit with me at lunch.
He didn’t even look at me.
I went through the school day, completely numb.
Now, I guess I knew what it was like when you weren’t...
Noticeable.
Comments
Post a Comment