Do You See Me? - Chapter Two

FINE

I woke up the next morning. Nothing was different. Nothing was changed. 

I never saw this coming. 

I walked downstairs to the breakfast nook. My throat felt a little scratchy, so I tried not to talk. The last thing we needed on a busy morning was Mom rushing around getting me tea and cough drops and stuff. I was eating a Pop Tart, and some of that sugary icing stuff on top made my throat itch. I tried to hold it back, but too late. 

A fit of coughing came upon me, and I gulped down a glass of milk, trying not to be noticed. The funny thing was that, I wasn’t noticed. 

Score! 

Mom hadn’t noticed, so I rushed to the bus stop and hopped on. 

==========♥️==========

Liam takes a different bus on Tuesdays, so I wasn’t surprised that he wasn’t there, but I was surprised when he didn’t greet me at the school. 

He always waits for me. 

No matter what. 

I shrugged it off. He must have an earlier class this morning. 

Or... maybe he’s sick! 

Still, I couldn’t get the thought out of my head that something was wrong. 

As it turned out later... something was.

Comments